15th day of Advent
- 300g raw cane sugar
- 175g wheat flour type 700
- 170g softened butter
- 50g egg (1)
- 110g rolled oats
- 140g ground, roasted hazelnuts 2-4mm
- 110g bakers chocolate, in small pieces (e.g. Maracaibo Clasificado, 65%)
- 50g chopped cranberries
- 1/2 TL baking powder
- 1/2 TL baking soda
- 1/2 TL salt
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- In a different bowl, mix the rolled oats, cranberries, hazelnuts, and small pieces of chocolate.
- Mix the softened butter and the sugar for 1 minute in a stand mixer until it becomes foamy and no visible pieces of sugar remain.
- Then mix in the egg at medium speed, subsequently beating for another 30-45 seconds.
- Reduce the speed to its lowest level and slowly mix in the flour mixture until well blended.
- Finally, manually mix in the fruit mixture.
- Form the dough into rounds of c. 4cm each and place on a baking sheet with ample distance in between (c. 6-7 cm!!).
- Flatten the dough rounds to c. 2.5 cm.
- Bake the cookies in the middle oven rack c. 17-20 minutes (turn the sheet once at the halfway point). Bake the cookies until all are evenly baked, with firm edges but still soft in the middle!
- After baking, let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Then transfer to a wire baking rack to let cool completely.