Meringue Rings for the Christmas Tree
13th day of Advent
- 250g Egg whites
- 225g Granulated sugar
- 450g Granulated sugar
- 150g Water
- + assorted food coloring
- Beat the egg whites and 225g granulated sugar until foamy
- At the same time the 450g of sugar and water are cooked to 118°C.
- It should be ensured that the egg whites and the sugar mass are ready at the same time. If the egg whites are ready a little earlier, the speed can / must be reduced a little.
- As soon as the sugar water has reached the desired temperature, it is slowly beaten into the merengue. Set the speed of the mixer to medium speed.
- Beat the meringue until it is firm and pipable (duration about 5-7 minutes).
- Then the meringue can be colored with food colorings.
- Pipe as desired onto baking paper and dry in the oven at 95°C.