Vanilla Crescent Cookies (Vanillekipferl)
The 4th day of advent
- 300g wheat flour type 480
- 200g butter
- 100g powdered sugar
- 100g almond meal
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar (c. 8g)
- the pulp from one vanilla pod (can replace with vanilla extract)
- A pinch of salt
- Mix room temperature butter with the egg yolks, powdered sugar, vanilla sugar, vanilla pulp and salt until smooth.
- Then briefly knead in the wheat flour and almond meal. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it sit in a cool place for one hour.
- To make the cookies, form the dough into multiple long strands and then divide into small pieces of equal size.
- Shape the pieces into a crescent form and lay them on a baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the vanilla crescents at 170°C.
- After baking, let them cool a little before coating in a mixture of powdered and vanilla sugar.