Wheat Sourdough Meets No-Knead
This No-Knead bread has a moist yet firm crumb and a light sour note thanks to the addition of wheat sourdough. To get the dough to rise quicker, the recipe also includes a little yeast. Since there is nothing to warm the dough during its preparation, it has to have a temperature of 27-28°C during the autolyze.
For a dough weight of 1630g / 3 pieces, each 543g
- 150g wheat flour type 1600
- 150g water 45°C
- 8g starter
DT: 30°C RT: 14-18 hours TA: 200
- 308g mature wheat sourdough
- 750g wheat flour type 700
- 550g water
- 20g salt
- 2g yeast
DT: 28°C TA: 178
- Briefly mix the sourdough, flour, water, yeast and salt in a mixing bowl (don’t knead the dough!). Then cover with a lid and let it rest for 60 minutes.
- To fold the dough, use a wet hand to grab it from one edge and stretch it over to the opposite side. Repeat until you have worked your way around the entire dough.
- Let the dough rest for 30 more minutes.
- Fold the dough again and then let it rise covered for 90 minutes.
- Divide the dough into three pieces of equal size, twist each loosely and place in a floured linen cloth.
- Cover it and let proof c. 75-90 minutes.
- Bake the loaves at 250°C with light steam. After 10 minutes reduce the temperature to 235°C and bake until well-browned. For a strong crust, release the steam after half the baking time.