Pizza- Base Dough
The easiest way to make Pizza is with a direct dough method. This method is the most widely used and most popular among pizza makers. To make it, all of the ingredients are mixed together at the same time.
The finished dough develops its aroma and taste through a long and cold rise in the refrigerator.
For a dough weight of 854g / 3 pieces, each 285g
|500g||Wheat flour Type 700/550(or the ORIGINAL-Pizza flour Tipo 00 )||100%|
Preparation of pizza dough
In the kneading bowl, briefly mix together the water and flour and allow to autolyze for 20-30 minutes. Then add the salt and yeast and mix slowly for 5-6 minutes. Finally, slowly add the olive oil and mix in slowly then knead on fast speed for 2-3 minutes.
The dough is well kneaded when it can be stretched without tearing (window pane test).
Let the dough rest for 60-90 minutes (folding after 30 & 60 minutes).
After the prescribed dough maturity of 90 minutes, divide the dough into 3 equal sized pieces and form into round dough balls. The dough balls are placed in a covered dough tray and stored in the refrigerator at 4°C.
Target dough maturing time of 18-48 hours.
Kneading by hand
- Dissolve the yeast in water (when kneading by hand it is recommended to increase the water amount from 325g to 375g).
- Mix the salt and olive oil into the flour and then mix with the water by hand for 5-7 minutes.
- Then place the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with plastic wrap. en.
- Dough should mature in the bowl for 4 hours!
- Gently fold the dough after 60/120/180/240 minutes
- After the last fold, give the dough another 30 minutes rest.
- Then weigh out the dough and roll into dough balls. Store them in the refrigerator.
Shaping the pizza base
- After the cool and long rise in the refrigerator, the dough should be tripled in volume.
- Before removing from the dough tray, dust the tops of the dough balls with flour (this allows them to be removed without sticking to your fingers).
- Generously dust a work surface with flour and turn the dough out so the bottom side is up.
- First, form the edge of the dough with your fingers by pressing and the, thinly stretch out the dough from the middle.
- To finish, reach under the dough with the backs of your hands and stretch.
- Then transfer to a well floured baking peel, or
- To prevent the baking peel and the baking stone from getting covered in flour you can place the pizza dough on a reusable baking mat.
|400g||Canned, peeled tomatoes||100%|
In a household oven place the baking stone on the middle rack and preheat the oven for at least 30 minutes on the highest setting (250-280°C). If the oven temperature is too low the broiler function can be used. Bake the pizza for 3-6 minutes.