Spelt Gingerbread Muffins
For a long time I have been plagued by the idea of baking an Advent calendar for the blog, but this project repeatedly failed due to lack of time. In order to finally make this dream come true, the advent calendar was created long before the advent season and can now finally be published.
“24 days – 24 recipes will decorate this Advent calendar and I hope you enjoy baking it”
1. Day of Advent “Spelt-Gingerbread Muffins”
Ingredients for the fruit mixture:
- 170g Orangeat
- 170g Zitronat
- 100g Toasted hazelnuts 2-4mm
- 300g Chocolate chips or chopped chocolate pieces
- 100g Rum
- 100g Water
Mix the fruit mixture the day before and allow to soak.
For the main dough:
- 150g Soft butter
- 400g Honey
- 5g Salt
- 250g Whole eggs (5)
- 700g Wholegrain spelt flour
- 20g Gingerbread spice (Lebkuchen spice)
- 20g Cocoa powder
- 25g Baking powder
- + Zest from an organic orange
- Mix together the dry ingredients; wholegrain spelt, spices, cocoa, and baking powder.
- Mix the butter, honey, salt, and orange zest until creamy and then mix in the eggs one by one.
- Then gently mix in the flour mixture.
- After the flour mixture has been mixed in, the fruit mixture is carefully added. ATTENTION: If the dough appears a bit too firm, a little milk or water can be added afterwards.
- The cake batter is filled into a muffin tin and baked at 200°C for about 17 minutes.
- After baking dust with powdered sugar or top with a chocolate glaze.