Linzeraugen (Linzer Biscuits)
7th day of Advent
- 300g Wheat flour Type 480
- 200g Soft butter
- 90g Powdered sugar
- 10g Vanilla sugar
- 20g Egg yolk (1)
- + a pinch of salt
- 120g Jam for filling
- Knead all of the ingredients into a dough. Careful:Alle Zutaten zu einem Teig kneten. Vorsicht: Don’t knead for too long or the dough will be “spent”, (ie. the dough will lose its bond).
- After kneading, wrap the dough in cling wrap and store overnight in a cool spot (approx. 10°C).
- Before rolling out, knead the dough briefly and roll out to the desired thickness.
- Cut out the desired shape and bake at 180 ° C until golden brown.
- Let cool down, lightly sugar-coat the lids, coat the bases with jam and put the sugared lids on.