In a few days my first baking course of 2021 will take place at the Merano Mill after a Corona Break. During this baking course I was remembering 5 years ago when I was allowed to hold my very first baking course with rye sourdough there. It was a great feeling to be able to hold courses again and I’m looking forward to the coming weeks and months.
In the next few days I will bake new recipes for the blog, but first I will bake bread that has been in the unpublished gallery for a long time – the “Pane Laterale”
A pre-dough combination of Madre and Poolish is almost unbeatable in terms of appearance and taste and will amaze many.
For a dough weight of 1877g
|750g||Wheat flour Tipo 00||75%|
|200g||Wheat flour Tipo 00|
Dissolve the yeast in water and stir until lump-free. Then cover and allow to mature at room temperature for 12 hours.
|300g||Wheat flour Tipo 00|
Mix all ingredients together for 3 minutes in the mixer. Then cover and allow to mature for 12 hours at room temperature.
|505g||Mature Lievito Madre|
|250g||Wheat flour Tipo 00|
- Mix together the Poolish, Lievito Madre, flour and water on slow for 2 minutes, then cover and allow to autolyse for 45 minutes.
- Then add the salt and mix on slow speed until the dough releases from the side of the bowl. After that the dough is kneaded an additional 3 minutes at a fast speed (Guide values: 10 minutes slow and 3 minutes fast)..
- After making the dough, place it in an oiled dough tub.
- Fold after 60 minutes.
- Now the dough stays in the tub until it has increased in volume by 50%
- Once it has reached the volume increase, turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and fold it from two sides into the desired shape. With the seam-side down, place it on a floured baking peel for the final proof (about 30-45 minutes).
- Before baking, score the bread in a cross pattern and bake at 250°C with strong steam.
- Reduce the baking temperature to 200°C and bake until well browned.
- Total baking time should not be less than 45 minutes.