Baguettes with Wheat Sourdough
For this recipe selection a portion of the flour is added in the form of sourdough. The baguettes look awesome from the enormous oven spring.
Taste-wise they lag behind the ones with a long and cool proof. For my next attempt I will try doubling the amount of sourdough, we’ll see if the taste is improved by doing so.
for 6 Baguettes each 320g
- 5g Starter
- 100g T80
- 100g Water
Mix until lump-free and leave at room temperature to rise for 12-15 hours.
- 1000g T65
- 680g Water
Mix for 2 minutes and leave to autolyze for 30 minutes.
- 200g Wheat Sourdough
- 5g Yeast
- 22g Sea Salt
Mix for 8 minutes and knead for 4 minutes
- After mixing the dough, cover it and let rest for 90 minutes, folding every 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal sized pieces and carefully form into a cylinder.
- Rest the dough for a further 15 minutes.
- Now form the baguettes and place in a linen cloth to proof.
- Don’t ignore the final proof (about 25 min.), die Endgare nicht übersehen (ca.25 Min), otherwise the over spring will be lost.
- Bake at a constant heat of 250° C with steam for 22-24 minutes.