9th day of Advent
- 500g Wheat flour
- 400g Honey
- 100g Powdered sugar
- 50g Dextrose
- 10g Vanilla sugar
- 10g Lebuchen spice
- 10g Cinnamon
- 3g Salt
- 40g Cherry schnapps
- 13g Ammonium
- 200g Toasted and chopped hazelnuts, 2-4mm
- 200g Candied orange peel
- 50g Candied lemon peel
- 150g Robe-Noire (Chocolate to dip)
- Heat the honey with sugar and dextrose to 60°C and then allow it to cool.
- Mix the wheat flour, vanilla sugar, spices, and salt then add to the honey mixture.
- Then mix at a slow speed for about 15 minutes.
- To finish, mix the ammonium with the cherry schnapps and mix into the dough for another 1-2 minutes.
- Before adding the fruit mixture, do a test bake: roll out a small piece of the gingerbread dough and bake at 170°C in the oven.
- Only after a successful baking test, the fruit mixture is slowly kneaded in.
- Let the gingerbread dough rest briefly and then roll out to 6-7mm thickness.
- Place the rolled out dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush with milk.
- The gingerbread is baked at 170 ° C
- While the gingerbread is baking in the over, the sugar glaze can be prepared. For the sugar glaze, sugar and water are cooked in a proportion of 3:1 to 110°C. Using a cooking spoon, the boiled sugar water is stirred against the side of the pot until it becomes slightly milky.
- The gingerbread must be coated with the sugar glaze while they are still hot.
- Only when the gingerbread has fully cooled can it be cut and dipped in chocolate.