16th day of Advent
- 300g Granulated sugar
- 200g Butter
- 150g Cream
- 75g Honey
- 300g Sliced almonds
- 80g Candied orange
- Cook the granulated sugar, butter, cream, and honey to 110°C.
- Add the almonds and candied orange and briefly toast.
- Then the mass is spread onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- The florentine mass is baked at 180°C / until it has taken on some color
- After baking, let it cool down and cut, break or cut out as desired.
- Finally, half of the Florentines can be dipped in chocolate.
Instead of sliced almonds, grated / roasted hazelnuts 2-4 mm, roasted sunflower seeds or roasted pumpkin seeds can be used.