18th day of Advent
- 300g egg whites
- 300g fine granulated sugar
- 150g powdered sugar
- 10g wheat starch
- + dark chocolate to decorate (e.g. Robe Noire)
- Sieve the powdered sugar and the wheat starch.
- Beat the egg whites and half the granulated sugar until its stiff
- However, before the egg mixture is completely beaten, add in the rest of the sugar while beating. CAREFUL: Once the rest of the sugar has been added in, you can’t beat the mixture for much longer.
- Finally, manually mix in the sieved powdered sugar and wheat starch.
- Using a star-shaped nozzle, squeeze out 12 cm long meringues.
- Bake in a dry oven at 95°C
- After baking, you can decorate the meringues with chocolate.