Linzer Crescent Cookies
6th day of Advent
Ingredients for spritz cookies:
- 280g Wheat flour Type 480
- 220g Soft butter
- 90g Powdered sugar
- 15g Wheat starch
- 50g Whole egg (1)
- 40g Yolk (2)
- + orange zest/lemon zest
- + A pinch of salt
- 120g Jam
- 120g Robe Noire – Chocolate to dip
- Mix the softened butter, powdered sugar, salt, and citrus zest until creamy.
- Sieve together the flour and wheat starch.
- Slowly mix in the whole egg and yolks to the butter mixture.
- Once this is fully mixed in, the flour mixture can then be mixed in by hand with a rubber spatula or cooking spoon.
- Using a star nozzle on a piping bag, pipe onto baking paper.
- The spritz cookies are baked at 175°C.
After baking, allow them to cool and use jam to hold them together. Then dip into melted and tempered chocolate (Tip: if the Robe-noire chocolate is too firm it can be thinned a bit with a small amount of sunflower oil- don’t use water to thin the chocolate!).