Mini Amaretto Cakes
The 14th day of Advent
- 500g Spelt flour
- 100g Refreshed Lievito-Madre
- 10g Yeast
- 200g Milk
- 100g Egg
- 50g Brown sugar
- 25g Honey
- 125g Butter
- 7g Salt
- 80g Candied orange soaked in amaretto liquor
- + Robe-Noire chocolate
- + Linzer dough / chocolate shortcrust
- Knead together slowly the spelt flour, lievito madre, yeast, milk, and eggs.
- As soon as a homogeneous dough is formed, the sugar, salt, and butter chopped into small pieces are added.
- Then knead the dough until well mixed.
- To finish, the amaretto soaked candied orange is mixed in.
- Allow the dough to mature, covered in a tub for 60 minutes.
- Portion the dough and roll into round balls, place into a greased muffin tin (the muffin form should be about half filled).
- Set the dough aside to rise and once ¾ proofed, brush with egg.
- As soon as the dough is brushed with egg they can be decorated! One possibility would be cocoa mixed into a shortcrust dough (e.g Linzer biscuits,…) rolled out 3mm thick.
- Then cut out a star with a cookie cutter and place it on top of the dough pieces.
- Important: The dough pieces should then no longer proof – they should be put into the oven immediately after topping. The dough pieces are baked at 180 ° C / approx. 12 minutes (depending on the dough size!!).
- To finish the cakes can be decorate with chocolate and pre-made biscuits (Amarettini) if desired.