Almond Nut Corners
11th day of Advent
For the almond nut corners, a Linzer dough (recipe here) must be rolled out 4mm thick and placed on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. This dough is baked for 8-9 minutes at 180 ° C (the dough must not be completely baked through). Then the almond and nut mixture is spread on:
Recipe for Almond Nut Mixture:
- 600g Powder sugar
- 220g Ground almonds
- 80g Hazelnuts, roasted and chopped 2-4mm
- 280g Egg whites (9-10)
- + Robe-Noire Chocolate
- Mix the powder sugar, ground almonds, and hazelnuts.
- Add the egg whites and heat at 65°C.
- Then the hot almond mixture is spread onto the shortcrust base.
- The whole is baked at 170°C / about 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then cut as desired.
- To finish, decorate with chocolate.