Bündner Rye Bread
After the Ruchmehl Challenge, this “Bünder Rye Bread” is next on the recipe list. A classic sourdough bread, which has a high crust portion due to its special shape and thus achieves an incomparable eating experience.
For a dough weight 1117g / 1 loaf
- 150g Water 35°C
- 150g Rye flour Type 960
- 15g Starter
Maturity time: 10-12 hours DT: 26-28°C Hydration (TA): 200%
- 200g Ruchmehl
- 270g Water 10°C
- 2g Yeast
Maturity time: 12 hours DT: 15°C (let it stand at room temperature)
- 30g Leftover bread
- 50g Water
Soak and puree.
- 315g Mature sourdough
- 472g Mature pre-dough
- 80g Soaked bread
- 200g Rye flour Type 960
- 13g Salt
- 2g Bread spice, as desired
- Mix all ingredients on a slow speed for 6 minutes.
- Then let it rest in the mixing bowl for 30 minutes.
- After resting, shape the dough into a round loaf and let it relax for 5 minutes.
- Press a hole into the middle of the dough and using your fingers enlarge it to about 12-14cm.
- The shaped ring is now set onto baking paper to proof. Once ⅔ proofed, score 3x with a knife.
- Bake the bread at 250°C with steam. Turn the oven down to 200°C after 10 minutes and bake until well browned.
- Baking time of about 55-60 minutes.