The sandwich rolls are a true classic among white breads. The dough can be kneaded quickly and without any problems and only needs a little time to proof and bake after it has been worked up. The result is impressive and, above all, tasty. It is mildly aromatic and has a fine-pored, soft crumb on the inside that is wrapped in a crispy crust.
For a dough weight of 834g / 2 pieces – 417g of dough
- 50g Wheat flour Type 700
- 30g Water
- 5g Starter
Maturity time: 12-15 hours Hydration(TA): 160 DT: 26-28°C
- 125g Wheat flour Type 700
- 125g Water
- 1g Yeast
DT: 15- 20°C Maturity time: 12-15 hours Hydration(TA): 200
- 251g Mature Poolish
- 85g Mature LM
- 325g Wheat flour Type 700
- 160g Water
- 12g Salt
- 2g Yeast
- Knead all ingredients well into a smooth dough. Mix time: 8 minutes slow/ 2-3 minutes fast
- Then place the dough in an oiled tub to mature for 60 minutes.
- After the dough rests, divide it into two equal-sized pieces and work it into round dough balls.
- After a short relaxation phase (30 minutes), shape the dough into elongated loaves. (see video).
- The loaves can already be placed onto a baking tray with the seam-side down. In this condition, the final proof for the dough takes about 60-70 minutes.
- My TIP: The flavor improves when you allow the dough to slowly proof in the refrigerator at 4-5°C / 5-6 hours.
- Before placed the sandwich loaves in the oven, they are first brushed with water and scored several times at and angle with a sharp razor.
- The sandwich bread is baked at 250°C reduced to 230°C with strong steam.
- Bake time c. 30 minutes.