2nd day of Advent
- 130g Brown sugar
- 100g Candied orange
- 50g Butter
- 50g Honey
- 40g Cream
- 10g Vanilla sugar
- 500g Shelled, roasted hazelnuts or almonds
- 150g Chocolate
- Heat the Brown sugar, butter, honey, cream, and vanilla sugar.
- Add the nuts and candied orange and boil.
- Pour the mixture onto a stone slab and let it cool down.
- After cooling, the mass is portioned as desired: Place 40g each in Florentine molds (diameter 7cm) and press flat with wet fingers. If there is no form, the size should be a little smaller, because the mass tends to run out when baking – so the mass should be portioned into small heaps.
- Bake at 170°C / 25-30 minutes.
- After baking dip the underside into chocolate and then place onto baking paper.